Golden Vegan Chana Masala
Golden Vegan Chana Masala is a delicious, colorful, hearty meal. it’s flavor only increases as time passes (the best leftovers ever) and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. What’s not to love?!
1-2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
1 large white onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1.5 Tbsp Garam masala
2 tsp cumin
3 tsp coriander
3 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp Golden Turmeric Powder
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can full fat coconut milk
Salt to taste
Cilantro and lime to garnish
1. In a medium-sized stockpot or Dutch oven, heat your oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add in your onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add in your garlic and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
4. Stir in your chickpeas and your spices. Just go ahead and let that sit until fragrant, a minute or so.
5. Pour in your cans of diced tomatoes.
6. Let simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
7. Slowly stir in your coconut milk and adjust seasoning adding salt if necessary.
8. Serve over basmati rice or quinoa with cilantro and lime!